The three- to four-year undergraduate Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree programme in the United Kingdom aims to give students in-depth knowledge of the various corporate functional areas and how they interact. A growing number of students are interested in pursuing business administration degrees at well-known and prestigious universities abroad as a result of the increased level of competition in the world. Business schools in the UK are some of the hardest to get into because they are so highly sought after. Fortunately, there are a tonne of business schools spread out across the nation, so you can pick the one that’s best for you. A BBA programme at a UK university will set you back roughly 15.1 lakh INR a year. The starting salary for a BBA graduate in the United Kingdom is roughly 31.5 lakhs INR.
Why do BBA studies in the UK?
According to the Centre for Global Higher Education at University College London, the United Kingdom is the second most popular destination for international students, after the United States. Consider the following factors when determining whether or not to pursue a BBA in the United Kingdom:
- Universities in the United Kingdom are in the top 5% of all universities in the globe for higher education in business, according to Times Higher Education.
- Compared to the previous year, the number of international students applying to study business in the United Kingdom has increased by 4.4%.
- 18 Nobel Prize recipients have studied or taught at the LSE (London School of Economics and Political Science), including George Bernard Shaw and Christopher Pissarides, among others.
- It is suggested that the United Kingdom is deficient nowhere in terms of offering an education that is not only world-class but also highly sought for.
- Students from 109 countries pursue a business degree at London Business School, which boasts a large alumni network of over 42,000 graduates.
- According to official statistics, the majority of international students enrolling in British institutions during the academic year 2017/18 were pursuing degrees in business and administration. In terms of statistics, during the 2017/18 academic year, 126,955 international students out of a total of 458,490 international students were enrolled in business degree programmes.
According to the QS News World University Rankings for 2020, the following institutions offer the top BBA programmes in the United Kingdom. Included in the chart below are the annual costs of pursuing the programme at the top universities in the United Kingdom.
|University||Course Duration||Annual Program Fee (in INR)||QS Ranking 2020|
|University of Strathclyde||3 Years||16 lakhs||296|
|Birkbeck University of London||3 Years||12.19 lakhs||328|
|Kingston University||3 Years||11.23 lakhs||591|
|Hult International Business School||4 Years||28.27 lakhs||–|
|University of Gibraltar||3 Years||10.72 lakhs||–|
|INSEEC U||3 Years||5.94 lakhs||–|
|Heriot Watt University||4 Years||12.55 lakhs||–|
|University of Essex||3 Years||14.48 lakhs||–|
The fact that some universities do not perform well in the programme does not reflect poorly on the quality of education they offer.
Specs on the Lesson
The BBA curriculum includes prerequisite courses in business mathematics and statistics, as well as overviews of operations research and business data processing. Management, financial and managerial accounting, production and material planning, company economics, people and industry relations, marketing management, and the law governing businesses are all covered.
When comparing a BBA, BSBA, and BABA, what should I focus on?
It’s important to know what kind of business degree you’ll be getting out of your undergraduate programme of choice. There may be significant differences in the knowledge gained and the breadth of study between, say, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA), a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BABA), and a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).
Requirements for Admission
The United Kingdom’s Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) and individual institution websites both accept applications for Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree programmes. The following is a brief overview of the application and acceptance procedure that we hope will be helpful to you.
Requirements for Admission
- In order to be accepted into the BBA programme in the UK, international students must first ascertain whether or not they match the following criteria.
- High school diploma with a least 60 percent average.
- Transcripts from each school you attended, along with confirmation of your GPA, may be requested.
- SAT/ACT Scores (optional)
- Just one scholarly source
- An essay-style Personal Statement (optional, 400–500 words)
- They must show proof that they have enough money to pay for their first year of college in the UK (including tuition, books, and living expenses).
- Please be aware that applicants from outside of India must show proof that they have a monthly income of 99,138 INR to cover living expenses and tuition. London costs an average of 1.23 million Indian Rupees each month.
The need for fluency in English
The capacity to express oneself clearly and concisely in English is a prerequisite for graduation. The following are the typical scores on English language proficiency exams accepted by British business schools:
- IELTS: 6 – 6.5.
- Scores between 79 and 90 on the Internet-Based TOEFL.
Pre-bachelor’s programmes are a good option for students who meet the following requirements:
- If you are denied entry, for any reason.
- Your skills in the classroom, in the library, or in the language classroom need work.
A Student Visa
A Tier 4 UK visa is required to study at a university in the United Kingdom. The following items are required to apply for a visa:
- Your passport details are needed.
- A current photo taken in passport size is needed
- The presence or absence of a criminal history.
- Applications from minors must include a letter from a parent or legal guardian.
- If the candidate is from a nation that requires tuberculosis testing, those findings must be submitted.
The Cost of Education
Students planning to study abroad should budget for three distinct expenses: those incurred prior to their departure; the cost of their chosen programme of study; and their living expenses while they are there.
Prior to arrival costs
This is a deposit required to secure the study abroad trip. The typical breakdown of such costs is as follows:
|Type of Expense||Cost (in INR)|
|Application Fee||1760 (UCAS fee)|
|UK Student Visa Application Fee||30,641|
The cost of living is quite high in the UK. According to official data, British living expenses are 174% higher than their Indian counterparts. When compared to other cities, London is extremely costly to live in. If you are set on attending college in the United States, you will need to make substantial financial arrangements to cover the high cost of living here. The most significant vacation expenses include lodging, transportation, meals, and miscellaneous costs.
Average regional prices:
Cost of living in the UK varies greatly between regions. The price rises the further south you go, but drops off significantly as you head north.
|Region||Average Cost Of Living/ Annum (lakhs INR)|
|Yorkshire & the Humber||2,07|
The above-mentioned costs are just the tip of the iceberg; you need budget an additional 22,094 INR every month for things like food, healthcare, entertainment, books, and the like.
Students who want to enter the competitive global business world often choose to study for their undergraduate degrees in the United Kingdom. Students can expect to gain a solid grounding in both business management and global business practises from this programme. A Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business opens up several lucrative career opportunities for its graduates. Foreign students who meet the prerequisites and submit the necessary paperwork can apply to a number of universities and institutions in the United Kingdom.
With Zoom Abroad Academy’s 2+1 programme, you’ll only pay for the most straightforward and hassle-free option! Connect with us today.